- Learn from and contribute to a highly talented team
- A world-class location in historic Charlottesville, VA
- Excellent compensation, bonus scheme and benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k)
- Agile working practices
- Open vacation policy
- Flexible working hours
- Travel related perks
- Attend your annual choice of tech conference
- Highly competitive office Mario Kart
- Work as a key member of an agile development team in a relaxed, proactive environment.
- Design and develop new user-facing features to enhance and grow a product already receiving 10-15 million unique visits a month.
- Evolve an existing web application to take advantage of the latest and best practices.
- Collaborate with back end developers in designing and maintaining the API consumed by our front end applications.
- Translate UI/UX requirements into lightweight, performant and scalable code.
- Keep abreast of the latest front end technologies and use them to develop new product ideas and concepts through hackathons and skunkworks projects.
- Attend at least one yearly technology conference to keep your skills and enthusiasm sharp.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent understanding of HTML5 and CSS3 along with higher level templating engines and CSS preprocessors.
- Good understanding of Backbone.js (or other frameworks), jQuery and Underscore.js.
- Enthusiasm for exploring a functional reactive approach to building client-side web applications using React/Redux or higher level languages such as ClojureScript.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues.
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Grunt, Gulp and npm.
- An understanding of the use of Node.js in a development environment.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance across mobile and desktop platforms.
- Bonus Points for Experience in Any of the Following:
- UI design using Photoshop, Illustrator or similar
- Developing browser extensions
- Developing mobile applications
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Multivariate testing, metrics and statistics
- Mario Kart Wii
Interested? Please email a resume to [email protected]. Please also attach a recent code sample representative of your best work.
Room Key is a hotel search engine founded by six of the world's leading hotel companies. Join our dynamic team and enter the exciting and challenging world of online travel!
Room Key has the culture and practices of an agile start-up. We move fast, work hard and have lots of fun along the way. But unlike your typical start-up, we are backed by huge names in the hotel industry, all of whom have a vested interest in our success. You might have heard of one or two of them ;-)