We're in the middle of a huge industry shift where gaming is not just about content, but will instead be powered by the performances from players and their audiences. This is a great time to join us at Outpost Games as we're building a technology platform to turn every player into a performer through live interactive tools and APIs. To showcase our platform, we're creating a multiplayer survival game, titled SOS, which is built from the ground up to be as thrilling to watch as it is to play. Join us and work alongside industry veterans from EA, Zynga, Naughty Dog, and Google to take a fresh approach on gaming and entertainment.
We’re looking for an exceptional server-side engineer to join our platform team. This is an early role in a highly iterative environment with the opportunity to have a large impact from day one.
What You'll Do
- Design, develop, and maintain services powering our platform clients (mobile/native/web) and 1st-party game, SOS, including account, leaderboard, matchmaking, storage, and real-time stream interaction services
- Improve the reliability, scalability, and performance of REST (JSON over HTTP), GraphQL, and WebSocket services
- Write maintainable, secure, and well-tested code
- Constructively review other engineers code and provide architectural feedback
- Work in a professional software engineering environment (source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, live monitoring)
- Collaborate early and often with a cross-functional team on new product features
What We're Looking For
- 6+ years experience building and scaling customer-facing web applications or distributed systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Expertise in Clojure, Scala, Java, Go, Python, or C++. Clojure or other functional programming languages strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with other languages and technologies, and enthusiasm for learning
- An effective communicator, who seeks and values a diversity of perspectives
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Start-up experience
- Experience building JVM oriented systems
- Hands-on experience with AWS
- Practical experience with analytics systems (data pipelines, ETL and streaming)
- A passion for playing or watching video games
Changing the entertainment business is hard work, but we do it sustainably. We invest in your health and productivity through great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, commuter benefits, unlimited PTO, and free lunch if you eat with 4 or more colleagues!
Outpost Games is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe that every player should experince the thrill of the spotlight. On our platform, Hero, streamers will be discovered by their audience and feel the roar of their crowd.
Every audience member has the ability to deeply interact with their favorite performers and influence the key moments in critical matches.
Our goal is for players and game developers to better understand their audience in order to foster incredible performances.
Outpost Games was founded by gaming veterans from Electronic Arts and Zynga, and has raised over $19M from Benchmark and other strategic investors.
Our team is made up of forward thinking people who collaborate in a self-directed environment.