Room Key is looking for a software engineer with strong server-side web development experience - preferably with the Clojure programming language - to join our backend web development team in Charlottesville, Virginia (sorry, no remote work available).
Solve interesting problems! At scale! Using Clojure! Room Key's website regularly handles over 500,000 unique visitors per day.
You'll be working in an agile shop, with the best team of motivated and smart individuals this side of the Mississippi. We're all 10x-ers.
The environment is fun, friendly, collaborative, and is really fast-paced: schedules are measured in days, not weeks, and our team is obsessed with delivering world-class quality software and services.
- Learn from and contribute to a highly talented team
- A world-class location in historic Charlottesville, VA
- Excellent compensation, bonus scheme and benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k)
- Agile working practices
- Open vacation policy
- Flexible working hours
- Travel related perks
- Attend your annual choice of tech conference
- Highly competitive office Mario Kart
Ideally You Have
- Phenomenal testing principles (and perseverance), incl. perhaps a grounding in basic stats
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Willingness to fulfill multiple roles
- BS in Computer Science (but equivalent real-world experience is even better)
- Experience with Clojure or other functional programming languages
- Experience with several database types: object stores (redis), relational (postgres)
- Experience with JVM-hosted development
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (the more the better) and Kafka
- Experience with GIS and spatial analysis
- 5+ years professional software development experience
- 5+ years professional web experience
- Experience with service oriented architectures
- Demonstrated interest/experience in high performance, scalable systems
- xkcd in your daily-read list
- Enthusiasm, team-contributor mindset and obsessive attention to detail
- Don't be shy! If you are enthusiastic but only have a subset of our ideal qualifications, we still want to hear from you.
How To Apply
E-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please also include a recent code sample relevant to our technology stack and representative of your best work.
Room Key is a hotel search engine founded by six of the world's leading hotel companies. Join our dynamic team and enter the exciting and challenging world of online travel!
Room Key has the culture and practices of an agile start-up. We move fast, work hard and have lots of fun along the way. But unlike your typical start-up, we are backed by huge names in the hotel industry, all of whom have a vested interest in our success. You might have heard of one or two of them ;-)